Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Chinese Wedding

ICCA had organized an Annual Cake Decorating competition at Sunway Giza, Kota Damansara on 1 - 3 October, it included wedding cake decorating, teen category and kids cupcake decorating.

This was the piece I submitted for the competition. It's way below competition standard but it was a great experience. Plus I get to hear personal feedback directly from the international celebrity cake decorators, which was priceless!

Really grateful that ICCA organized this event and that I had a chance to enter the competition. At least my cake got to be displayed in public and from what I saw, pictures of the cake were taken by a lot of cameras :)

The wedding couple figurines. Given more time, I will make them their head gears, and add more details for the costumes.

The top layer of the cake as the bed, with pillows and comforter.


Brush embroidery, which needs to be refined.

Chinese buttons and knots.

Pictures of the competition at Sunway Giza, Kota Damansara, is in my FB (personal) picture profile.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin